If you have decided not to accept a job offer, it's important to be polite and professional when communicating your decision to the employer. Here are some steps you can follow:

how to reject an offer letter

  1. Thank the employer for the job offer: Begin by expressing gratitude for the opportunity and the time and effort the employer put into considering you for the position.

  2. Provide a clear and concise explanation for your decision: Explain your reasons for declining the offer in a respectful and honest manner. For example, you may have received a more attractive offer elsewhere or decided to pursue a different career path.

  3. Offer to keep in touch: Even if you are declining the offer, it's important to maintain a positive relationship with the employer. Offer to keep in touch and express your interest in future opportunities.

  4. Follow up with a written message: After the conversation, follow up with a written message, such as an email or letter, to confirm your decision and express gratitude once again.

Here's an example of what you could say:

Dear [Employer's Name],

Thank you very much for offering me the [Position] role at [Company Name]. I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into considering me for the position.

After careful consideration, I have decided not to accept the offer. I have received another job offer that I feel is a better fit for my career goals and aspirations.

I want to express my sincere gratitude for the opportunity you have given me, and I hope that we can keep in touch. If any other opportunities arise in the future, I would be delighted to hear about them.

Thank you again for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]



Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

top links

top links

how to apologize professionally